Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Here goes...

Today I am very excited by the prospect of going to my first Calligraphy evening class. Having dabbled for some months now, I've decided to 'get help'! I've almost finished teaching myself the Copperplate alphabet (miniscules) and have suddenly got distracted by the thought that I really ought to master Italic, and develop a suitably lovely cursive hand into the bargain too. Getting distracted by the next project before really getting to grips with the original one is par for the course with me, but I'm hoping that going to a class and getting some direction will help keep me on the narrow at least, if not the straight.

Hopefully there will pictures of my progress a-plenty in the coming weeks. There'll certainly be lots of inspiration with evening classes, a weekend residential course and a visit to the CLAS exhibition at the British Library all coming up fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment